The SPRI STEP360 is simply three disks attached to each other in a staggered stack (largest on the bottom and the smallest on the top). The platform disk is made of thick hard, durable plastic and has a non-slip surface. The edging of the disk has hand grips and indentions that serve as hook/anchors for bands/rubber tubing attachments (purchased separately) for strength training options. The platform is made to take a beating from all angles while keeping the user''s feet in place. Attached to the underside of the disk are two separately inflatable disks that serve as an adjustable base. With the provided hand pump, these disks can be inflated to a desired level of firmness. Fully inflating the disks will provide a more stable base for the STEP360 while deflating the disks creates a more challenging exercise platform in that it decreases stability. The set up is simple and quick, with no additional tools are required ... just inflate the disks to a desired level and it''s ready to be used. Plastic spikes are provided to serve as plugs that keep the disks airtight ... they stay in place, regardless of the punishment delivered to the platform, but they can be easily removed for the user to adjust the firmness of the base.
Once the easy set-up is complete, the STEP360 is ready to be used. The unit comes with a DVD that explains each part of the device, how to set it up, the rationale behind the development of the STEP360 and a basic tutorial. Also on the DVD are two separate training regimens (led by fitness trainers Robert Sherman and Abbie Appel) that clearly show how such a versatile and simple device can serve as a challenging exercise tool for users at all fitness levels. People with experience using similar devices (such as the BOSU ball) will see the versatility the STEP360 offers and likely consider it as a valuable addition (not necessarily a replacement) to their repertoire. Those new to exercise platforms should appreciate the variety of exercises such a simple device can provide. Being platform device, users can be as creative as they wish when developing an exercise routine. Incorporating additional exercise equipment to the exercises performed on the STEP360 (medicine ball, exercise tubing or resistance bands) only amplifies the device''s versatility by incorporating strength exercises ... I am working on incorporating my beloved kettlebells into my STEP360 training. But, it''s the simple core and balance building exercises that I find so effective (no additional equipment required other than a desire to push one''s limits). Development of core strength and balance was something I neglected in my years as a competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder ... a mid-life addiction to snowboarding emphasized my need to improve in these areas and the STEP360 has been a pivotal tool in developing my balance. Additionally, the cardio aspect of the using this device is more intense than one would imagine as simply using an elevated platform forces the user to push the body in a manner that an elliptical machine or stationary bike does not; this results in shorter, more intense and effective workouts. An added perk of the STEP360 is that it can easily be deflated to slide under a bed or couch for storage and quickly inflated for use.
The SPRI STEP360 Pro Trainer is a welcome addition to my training in that it offers core and balance training with the added benefit of an intense cardio workout. The wide-range of exercises that can be performed, as well as the short, intense nature of the workouts provides a great exercise opportunity for those short on time or not in a position to spend money on gym memberships. The greatest benefit is that one does not have to be an exercise guru or the best of shape to use the STEP360 ... it offers something for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.I have to say, at first I was reluctant to buy this model as it got mixed reviews and the Bosu seemed better. However, I did not like the Bosu because after hoping up and down, my knees started to feel sore. This has a more stable platform, still requires balance, but unlike Bosu which is too soft and leaves your knees room for stress, this keeps the body more aligned. I basically use this to do one legged hops and jumping high and landing on top and then jumping to the bottom. I also like the heavy duty construction and it is virtually indestructible. You can inflate each compartment to 5 inches to even 5.5 inches safely.
Buy SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer Now
I ordered SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer, because I need to work on both core strength and balance during the winter months. I''m really happy with this set up! I was able to assemble this little Trainer by myself over the course of an afternoon -the pump for the inner tubes comes in the box. SPRI includes a DVD with sample workouts on it that seem pretty straight-forward. (I use a resistance routine provided by my physical therapist.) Although the SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer doesn''t come with resistance bands, it has notches for them. I''m currently using blue elastic bands from my PT sessions, and they work just fine. The best thing about the Step360 Pro is that the top is wide enough that it makes me feel secure -while I''m not struggling to keep balance, I can also challenge myself more *because* I don''t feel as if I''ll topple over like a Weeble. I''m having a good time finding out what I can and can''t do.This set-up is small enough for apartment living and doesn''t take up a huge amount of storage space. I wholeheartedly recommend the SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer for healthy folks who are beginning in their quest for fitness, as well as for those who are looking to tone up in the comfort of their own home.
Read Best Reviews of SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer Here
I ordered this in order to start getting my strength back after a serious illness and hospitalization. But it is not for the newby. My sister who had one of her knees replaced due to psoriatic arthritis had to use her walker in order to stay standing on the device. It was funny to watch the two of us trying to do the exercises, we looked like a couple of beached whales trying to flop their way back into the water.I like the fact that they give you a DVD with the exercises along with the poster. However, some of the exercises require a set of rubber band resistance weights and those do not come with this item. We had to fake it and use the rubber bands that my sister got for her PT.
All in all, this is a great buy and as we become stronger will grow with us, I think.
Want SPRI Step360 Pro Trainer Discount?
This is a really really fun piece of fitness equipment. The Step 360 is half step and half bosu except that the top is flat so you don''t have to worry about falling over (I''m a clutz so the bosu can be pretty hard for me). It also feels a bit like a trampoline. This can be used in many ways like a traditional step except that the inflatable inner tubes provide instability so your stabilizing muscles (including core) have to work harder to keep you upright. I have tried this with my Amy Dixon Super Fit Bod workout and subbed this in for the step. I did some minor adjustments of the moves but this worked great but added quite a bit of difficulty to the work (and that is a tough workout anyway!). I think this will work for many of the workouts that would typically use a step or a fanny lifter (it will seriously up the challenge of the workouts).The unit was easy to assemble and has a good size stepping area (around 2 feet diameter). This comes with a pump to blow up the two inner tubes on the bottom. There are notches around the top so that you can thread resistance bands through. There are also two spots for you to hold on to during push ups. This felt pretty sturdy when I jumped on it so it seems like it could take a lot of abuse. This unit does not come with resistance bands. It has a dvd with two 18 minute workouts on it. I tried both workouts and while these are good for beginners, they won''t really challenge a more advanced exercisers. They are helpful for ideas on how this can be used.
While the bosu is a great piece of equipment for working on stability and balance, it can be difficult for many people to use. This provides all the same benefits as the bosu but it can be used by everyone from beginner to advanced. And, its a lot of fun to use.


0 comments:
Post a Comment