Body Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine

Body Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec MachineAfter examining several pec fly machines, I decided to go with this one. I need something compact. I like the simple design, nothing extra. The others such as Yukon have a foot rest, which, although is good, is, I believe unnecessary and takes up additional room. The setup is straightforward. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN INSTALLING THE PLASTIC COLLARS OVER THE CHROME COLUMN - THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE ONES FOR THE SEAT POST, cannot really distinguish the difference from the picture. Note the THINNERWALLED COLLAR GOES OVER THE CHROME COLUMNS -so the weighted pulley can slide smoothly. The plastic collars for the chrome column WILL fit into the seat post, but the collars for the seat post WILL NOT fit over the chrome column. That annoyance aside, it is an amazing piece of machine. It is smooth and quiet, and the movement has a slight upward cant which is I EXACTLY what I wanted to work the upper pecs. If I wanted to work even more of the upper pec I simply use the upper handles.

As far as working the rear deltoids are concerned, I find that I am weaker in that aspect, therefore, changing weights can be a pain. I now only wish that they come with a selectable stack weight option. Well, after I wear this one out, if ever, I may upgrade to a commercial version.

Easy assembly, I guess they assumed some nicks would occur as two vials of paint were included. Main bearings are in two pieces, one on top and one on bottom. I do not see this as a major drawback for home use. I also don''t have any problem with the standard plate mount vs. the olympic sleeves. They use floor protectors which seem good though some shimming may be requried if your floor is not completely level, no leveling provision is provided. The range of motion available seems very good and the seat mount is also highly adjustable although I bumped my head at the highest position. It is very smooth in use though I did grease the bearings during assembly. I am used to seeing some suggested exercises though I know the obvious exercises are well, obvious. Overall, I am happy with it, the machine is smooth, the build quality is good though not commercial quality and in everyday home use it should last many years. Bang for the buck is a good 8 or 9 out of 10.

Buy Body Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine Now

I had one issue with the machine. The back pad had the recessed bolt pushed through, so I couldn''t connect the bottom to the machine properly. I will contact Body Solid about a replacement back pad. My only complaint with the machine itself is that it isn''t isolateral. So one side of the chest can do more work than the other. You just have to make sure you are using a slow and controlled motion. Realistically they would never be able to put two independent slides/plate loads on a machine at this price unless it was a lay down leverage pec fly.

The instructions were horrible. It''s just a diagram, but it was still easy enough to put together. I would suggest first grouping the screws, bolts, washers, etc by part number. Take note that the Nylon Bushings are two different sizes. I put the smaller ones on the plate load and they fit fine. But then the plate load won''t slide onto the slide bar. It was a little bit of a pain to remove the nylon bushing, but once I got it off and put the right bushing on it was a breeze.

I applied some silicone lubricant made for workout equipment to it and it was very smooth. Do not use WD-40!!!

Read Best Reviews of Body Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine Here

Assembly was a bliss, machine looks lot better and solid

in reality than on a pic.

I''m a gym rat for at least 15 years, love it!

Want Body Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine Discount?

we own 4 other pieces of exercise equipment and this machine is a very inferior product compared to all of the others.no directions supplied,extremely noisey it squeaks constantly,one arm is loose,the seat is tiny and uncomfortable .i would return it but after all the effort to assemble and the shipping cost i''ll just let it sit and take up space.rating it a 2 from 1-10.

Save 48% off

0 comments:

Post a Comment