Ultimate Sandbag Training: Burly Shell ONLY

Ultimate Sandbag Training: Burly Shell ONLYBased on what I read I believe the prior reviewer selected this for the wrong purpose. It is not a kettle bell or traditional bar with weight. It is a full body training device.

If you want to learn how to use this tool to its maximum effect there are several Youtube videos on how to do utilize it properly.

Being a "dead" weight with the sand shifting around it builds the stabilizer muscles and builds the whole body and not an isolation exercise tool. There are methods to clean, jerk and squat with the bag but this particular bag may be too big for a beginner. It is called a "burly" bag for a reason. Ultimate Sandbags have smaller versions for beginners and those who want something smaller for different exercises.

I will say that if you are a CrossFitter then you will find this useful in your routines. If you are an MMA or BJJ practitioner you will also find using this tool useful in your workouts as it mimics an opponent dropping their weight on you.

I found it to be useful in my routine and I hope others do as well. May the pain you receive leave your weakness in the dust.

First I would like to mention that this bag is a quality bag as far as materials go. Where the bag lacks is function.

I bought this bag to do Clean and Jerk, Shouldering and Turkish Get ups. The bag doesn''t work well for any of these lifts. I have about 120 pounds of sand spread across the 4 ultimate sandbag filler bags.

Clean and Jerk. The first clean I attempted I almost crushed my windpipe with the single handle. I thought it was just a fluke but it happened 3 outta the first 5 reps. So I needed to remove the single handle from the bottom of the bag for safety reasons. The zipper section where you put the filler bags in will cut you up on the way into the clean as well, making the clean an all around bad lift. The Jerk portion is nearly impossible for me to do just because of the girth of the bag. I am 5''11" and it is nearly impossible to get my head under the bag while doing the jerk. Once again it is too dangerous and needs to be avoided. This issue also makes the press a tough lift to accomplish.

Shouldering. All the handles are nice but get ready for them to cut and bruise you while performing this lift. I made a bag for under 30 dollars that works better for shouldering than this expensive piece of .....

Turkish Get Ups. The length on this bag makes a TGU hard to perform. When you are going down to your back the bag will get beneath you disallowing you to lay flat on your back.

I would avoid this bag unless you only want to do Zercher Squats and Rows. Another thing about the ultimate sandbag is how they silence the bad critics. I have written reviews on other websites where the bag is sold and my reviews are denied for no reason. Please take my warning and buy different bag.

Buy Ultimate Sandbag Training: Burly Shell ONLY Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment