These provide great arch support for lots of jumping, and also have a nice, wide base that provides good stability for weight-lifting. I''ve also been using these for step and kickboxing, and they work wonderfully well for those activities, too. They are a true cross-trainer!
The base of the shoe also bends nicely, allowing the forefront of your foot to bend easily when doing things like push-ups, where your foot is bent.
As for sizing, I always go a half-size up in my athletic shoes, and did the same in these. In regular shoes, I wear a 7 1/2, but I always buy an 8 in athletic shoes -and these in a size 8 were perfect for me. (With past pairs of Rykas, I''ve sometimes had to go up a whole size, but these seem to run a half-size smaller than regular sizing.)
I bought these in the gray and red color, and they look really nice, too.
This is the most comfortable workout shoe I''ve worn in recent years, and I''m definitely going to be buying a back-up pair!
UPDATE ON 3/5/10: I''ve been using these shoes since August five or six days a week for all of my workouts, and they are finally starting to give out a bit on the inside. I usually have to replace my workout shoes every six months or so, so these Rykas have held up really well. I love these so much that I am buying a new pair of them to replace the ones I bought last year.
UPDATE ON 3/2/11: Although I still really love these Ryka shoes and went through several pairs of them, I recently "upgraded" to the Asics Gel Intensity , and really like the Asics even more since the cushioning in the Asics is excellent. That being said, however, the Asics shoes are twice the cost of these Rykas. If you can afford the difference, though, and want lots of cushioning, I''d recommend trying the Asics.Looking for a new cross trainer when I ran across a fitness magazines recommended Shoes article featuring this shoe. Well cushioned soles and light-weight shoe make it a pleasant wear for when I do my step or circuit videos. I bought a half size larger and was glad-still breaking in the shoe, but overall pleased with my purchase. Shoe did not receive four stars because it still has some points of stiffness when performing lateral moves. Well priced shoe.
Buy Ryka Women''s assist xt Now
I am not very happy with these shoes. I purchased them because they were advertised as cross trainers and I needed shoes that I could use for kickboxing and step aerobics. They were comfortable when I first put them on and I love the color and look of these shoes.After using these shoes for a few workouts I know that I will need to get another pair of shoes. During my high intensity workouts my feet and ankles started hurting and I couldn''t wait for class to be over so that I could take them off. I have never had this problem before. They just don''t provide enough cushion or support for me.
Read Best Reviews of Ryka Women''s assist xt Here
I love my new Ryka shoes. I use them for Jazzercise and they are super light and comfortable yet offer a great support. I usually have pain in my feet due to insufficient arch support in my shoes but these seem to take care of the problem. I have only used them for a little over a month but am already thinking about getting a second pair.Want Ryka Women''s assist xt Discount?
I am a certified fitness instructor. I teach a Mixed Martial Arts inspired Fitness class called Body Combat. I train 6 days a week and pratice more than you could imagine. I have been through Nike, Ascis, Adidas, New Balance, etc. you name it, I tried them! I am willing to spend money for quality top rated sneakers. But I do love an affordable sale as well! I found the Ryka Assist XT sneakers 2 years ago and haven''t looked back since! I was recommended them from a co worker whose family owned a footwear company in Ardmore, PA. He suggested trying them. I spoke to him about my concerns and what I wanted from the sneaker. He hit it right on the head with Ryka''s Assist. I have yet to find a better sneaker. I still try different sneakers every few months. I tend to have to purchase sneakers every 3-4 months due to my training regimen. The Assist''s are comfortable, supportive, light and durable. They last! You get your money''s worth and then some. I have never had an issue with these sneakers, no cons, downfalls, etc. Now everyone has their own opinion, but I have recommended these sneakers to everyone in my classes and not one person has ever had problems or issues with them. The arch support is great, they are not too narrow like Nike''s that I have tried, they are super light weight, amazing for a cross trainer. They have a wider boxed toe for lateral movements, cushiony heal and room for your toes, nothing gets squished together, but they aren''t too big either. They are lower cut for the comfort around your ankles, yet not too low that they don''t provide support. The do, very well. I love that they are grey all over and some red. One thing I hated was white areas on the sneakers that always got so dirty. These are great to go with everything. They also come in other color variations. I even tried the Assist XT2, but found that they were not comparable. They were much bulkier and heavier. I did however get excited because they were purple and grey (MY FAVE COLORS!) But sadly had to return them, they were just not comfortable or supportive for the training that I do daily. Try them, they might be for you. I found the Assist Xt''s on Amazon & eBay for suprt cheap! Right now they are on eBay for $38.21 with FREE SHIPPING as of 10/29/12 @ 4:55 pm from walkingsue7. I have found my sneaker for life and hope that they don''t stop making them. I have no clue what I would do if I couldn''t find them! LOL I hope that this helps some of you. I know that I extensively review sneakers for the best value, best comfort, best everything so that I can kick butt in my classes and rock it out always! Research is key and most people are great with returns and exchanges, plese read their exceptions though. You always need to read everything before buying! Thank you! Rhiannon The link is below:

0 comments:
Post a Comment