The lat machine pull down as well is very hard to pull, and requires constant WD 40 on the pulley weight stack just to get it to work. I am yard saling it soon for $200 bucks and spending the extra 1-200 for a real machine!!!!
Stay away from this unless you only need to lift with a couple 25 lb weights on the machine. Then it is probably fine. But not worth the 750!!!!!I bought this machine thinking that it would be of high quality. It shipped fast . I got it home and spent about 10 hours putting it together. Their were lots of parts to deal with but the instructions wher pretty good so for the most part the biuld wasnt that bad. The quality of this product is bad cheep frame work (dont over tighten the bolts you will crush the tubing). The slide rails for the press bar and the cable system are to small thy bow if you use the machine the way it is desinged for. The pullys bind up hew would make it where all the main pullys ride aginst each other .The peg deck is the same piss pore construction the left side moves decently but the right will pull in but have to push it back to its start position.
I could sit here and type a leter a mile long about the quality issues I have with this machine but dont have all day.
Bottom line I would have exspected more from a name like GOLDS GYM but this is nothing but junk...
Buy Gold''s Gym Platinum Home Gym Now
golds gym should be ashamed of having there name on this product.for starters when a machine takes 6hours to put together its because it is a poor quality frame more screws and bolts for support due to light weight frame.more importantly the smith machine the rails arenot straight up and down so it is not even close to being smooth it has a un natural feel it feel like it rubbing on something horrible.the bench wobbles in every position which is a great way to hurt your shoulder while benching.
the pec deck is ok if a woman is using it with light weights if you plan on using heavy weights on it the pec dec will be the first thing to break.
the precher curl wobbles just as much as the bench and the padding will not last very poor quality.the lat pull down is the only thing on the gym that i would rate satisfactory.they tried to make a multi function gym and failed miserably.
i got this as a gift from my wife who ment well it was purchased at sports authority luckly they give refunds when they came to take it appart they end up throwing it away because so many different screws and bolt sizes it is impossible to put back together.TRUST ME YOU DO NOT WANT THIS IN YOUR HOUSE IT IS COMPLETE GARBARGE WITH SO MANY HOME GYMS AVAILABLE PLEASE DO NOT PICK THIS ONE YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.I WOULD GIVE THIS HOME GYM A NEGATIVE 5STARS.
Read Best Reviews of Gold''s Gym Platinum Home Gym Here
I purchased one of these units last Christmas for my home in SC, where my father and step-mother reside. I ordered it so that I could replace the aging gym that my father had purchased some 20+ years ago. When it arrived in two boxes, I wasn''t sure how long it would take to get together, but between my dad, myself and my son, we got it together in about 12-15 hours over a two day period. My 73 year old father was, and is, very pleased with it, as was I, and now I have a new gym to work out when I at home. I was so pleased with it, in fact, that when I returned to my work residence in Virginia, I was looking to order one for the spare-bedroom converted to a gym in my rental house. But for some reason, they appeared to be out of stock or unavailable for about six months. Then about 2 months ago, Amazon informed me that they were in stock and ordered immediately. It was delievered about 2 weeks later, and I began building it immediately. Having already assembled one, I knew exactly where to begin and what preparations needed to be made. An additional bonus was that some of the "building" appeared to have been eliminated, with large items that had once been "pieces" wer now "pre-fabed" into one, much more solid piece. After about a total of 8-9 hours of work (not including the time taken to lube/grease/oil the pin/fly wheels and bolts upon which the pulley wheels would ride), I had the entire gym completed and it works perfectly. I had read the very "negative" reviews before I purchased the initial model, as well as the negative reviews that appeared prior to my purchase of the second unit. Unless I just "got lucky" (not likely), these negative reviews were completely unfounded. I am as critical as anyone; but my gut tells me that 1) if these people did not, in fact, put this unit together using a little common sense (i.e. addressing the pulley wheel friction issue by pre-greasing and lubing INSIDE the pully wheels as well as the outside, the supporting bolts and the glide rods), 2) follow directions by not tightening bolts to tightly on moving parts (pulley wheels, etc...) and 3) not tightening stationary parts until completing the directions as directed, then your performance IS probably going to suffer. I know it doesn''t say anything in the directions about using grease and oil on the inside metal of the pulley wheels, but that is where "common sense" comes in... basic physics and mechanics, friction... This is a great product, make no mistake. Between this, my biking and kayaking, no excuses for not getting harder and maintaining my strength. The vast design improvements make it easier to construct since last years version and I highly recommend this product! I am 100% satisfied with it... thanks ICON!!!Want Gold''s Gym Platinum Home Gym Discount?
picking out the right workout machine is very tough. everyone needs or wants different things. also you have to compare the price too other similar gym''s and if its on sale.with this home gym, you are getting so much with one machine for a very low price compared too real gym equipment. so dont compare too your gym''s smith machine!
for me this was the best choice and im happy with it. i have everything so i can do many many different exercises at my house instead of going too the gym and wasting gas and time.
took me 10 hours of easy instructions too get it up and working. please dont bend tubing by over tightening the bolts, thats in the instruction manual lol..... ( as other reviews had bent tubing)
about this product: this is for people who KNOW WHAT A SMITH MACHINE IS. (other reviews are people who did not know what a smith machine was) its an ANGLED SMITH MACHINE!!! 7 degree angle for a more natural lift. YES IT IS MORE NATURAL. with this angled smith machine you cannot go very heavy. around 250 lbs of weight. it recommends 310 on the barbell and rack. use it PROPER and it will work fine. you cant go crazy on it and bounce the bar like a regular lift.
the pulley system its self works after ADJUSTMENTS ARE MADE. ( other reviews did not adjust the pulleys) i use an air tool lubricant for the pulleys and NOT WD40!!! the lower pulley had a little tension on it so i made some adjustments and its fine now. the lower pulley does have limitations when standing up. the butterfly gets in the way and the cage is not as tall so the smith machine bar gets in the when when i back up a little. i can manage too use it the way i want it though. just have too have the right spot.
the high cable''s and lat pull down work very well.
the butterfly is a little difficult at first. the pulleys are connected so you have too by ready steady and even when using this. if one arm is faster than the other it will feel awkward.
i paid 740 with tax and im all set for a longe time. as you read this machine is not for idiots. please use common sense when using this machine and you will be pleased as well. also, you take care of the machine and the machine will take care of you!


0 comments:
Post a Comment